Teacher of Spanish with French is required for Orchard School Bristol
Contract Term: Fixed term until 31st August 2023 whilst the timetables are established / reviewed for next year.
Hours: Full time
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 9am Monday 20th February 2023
Interview Date: 24th February 2023
We are seeking a qualified MFL teacher who is passionate about Spanish and French to join our Languages team.
Orchard School serves a richly diverse community in North Bristol. Our students are wonderful – they value their teachers, knowing that you can make a real difference to their lives. The mission statement of the school, “inspire today, empower for life”, lies at the heart of all that the school does. As a school we are building our success on our core values, being Open-minded, Respectful, Creative & curious, Healthy, Ambitious, Responsible and Determined. We place no limits on our aspirations for our students.
We are a friendly school, with a warm and welcoming staff body. We work together, we look after our staff wellbeing, and plan for sustainable, impactful development. Every member of staff is entitled to a coach and we develop all staff through regular, incremental coaching. Our most recent Ofsted report demonstrates we are a seriously ‘good’ school, committed to becoming the outstanding school our community deserves.
We constantly strive to provide exceptional education through evidence-informed practice. We take the continuing professional development of staff very seriously, offering excellent CPLD. We are the Chartered College of Teaching Hub for Bristol, and fund membership of the Chartered College for all our teaching staff so they can engage with research and contribute positively to CPLD within the school, across our multi academy trust, and beyond.
- an innovative and creative practitioner, with strong curriculum knowledge
- passionate about languages, cultural understanding, diversity and inclusion- a good understanding of the specific skills required to raise achievement at GCSE level
- committed to extra-curricular opportunities- able to inspire, motivate and enthuse students in lessons
- committed to the highest achievement for all students
- keen to learn, share best practice and contribute positively to a committed and enthusiastic Languages Faculty
- enthusiastic students, willing to learn and achieve, who need staff who believe in them
- the opportunity to make a difference day in, day out to the future life chances of children and young people in north Bristol
- excellent student behaviour and a calm learning environment
- a bright, happy place in which to learn and work
- a professionally stimulating environment which values the contributions of all staff
- a strong commitment to your professional development
- the opportunity to support the team to establish a reputation across Bristol as an outstanding department
- a warm and friendly staff body with award
-winning staff wellbeing
Please read our Staff Prospectus to find out more about us, and visit our website. We particularly welcome applicants who speak one or more community languages.
Orchard School Bristol is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the expectation is that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
It is our policy to obtain references prior to interview.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
The ability to converse at ease with pupils, parents and other users of the service and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.