Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages (French)
We are seeking to recruit a passionate Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages who will be an excellent role model with a desire to share this with pupils and staff, and you will be committed to raising achievement and able to deliver excellent outcomes.
- Teach Spanish and French to KS3 & KS4.
- To work as part of a team to deliver high quality lessons within an agreed scheme of work in line with the National Curriculum and other internal and external examination requirements.
- Monitor, evaluate, assess and review the work of individual students and groups of students in line with school policies to ensure continuous improvement of standards.
- To record the work covered by each class including homework and test scores.
- To ensure high standards of achievement and attainment.
- To be responsible for the discipline of all students in your classroom, before, during and after the lesson.
- To manage the work of any additional adults in your lessons.
- Maintain an excellent environment and culture for learning in the faculty through the use of display, the school’s reward and behaviour systems.
- To be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of the students in accordance with the Trust’s policy and Health and Safety at Work Act, 1974.
- To attend meetings and work in partnership with parents and other external agencies.
- To carry out actions in order to meet School Improvement Plan and faculty targets.
- To carry out duties in accordance with the Staff Handbook, Code of Conduct and the Staff Information Booklet.
- To establish a positive ethos in the school by setting an example of high standards of professional dress and behaviour.
- Where possible, support, maintain and improve the school’s extra-curricular programme including coursework clinics, homework clubs, extra lessons, performances etc.
The successful candidate will have:
- Degree status (First/2:1/2.2).
- Qualified Teacher Status QTS.
- Excellent subject knowledge.
- Recent experience of teaching at both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4.
- Effective Management of Teaching Assistants and other assigned adults.
- Communication skills, including good written English.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- Have a professional appearance.
We look forward to receiving your application, if you have not heard from us by the interview date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer feedback on individual applications that are not shortlisted for interview.
Closing Date: January 22, 2023
Please note if we receive enough applications, we may close this job role earlier.
Ascend Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups, including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual-orientation or religion.
Please note any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
In line with KCSIE 2022 and safer recruitment practices, the school will conduct an online search for all shortlisted candidates. The online search is part of our safeguarding checks and will seek publicly available information on candidates’ suitability to work with children. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further guidance and will be asked to clarify their online presence.
References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one referee must be from this employment, regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment, any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.