Subject Leader Modern Foreign Languages
(French specialist, second subject Spanish)
Starting September 2023 – Full time, Permanent
MPR/UPR (fringe) + TLR 2c (£3017)
An excellent opportunity for a dynamic teacher to teach Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) in a new, purpose-built free school.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspiring Subject Leader of Modern Foreign Languages to maintain high standards and ensure students make outstanding progress in MFL.
The successful candidate will:
• Be confident teaching all areas of Modern Foreign Languages
• be an excellent practitioner with a proven record of leadership in a high performing department
• be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• be flexible and willing to go to great lengths to ensure the success of this new school
• be dedicated to contributing to key areas of the School Development Plan
• be able to demonstrate proven leadership qualities
• be able to make a full contribution in the duties and line management of the school
• Contribute weekly to the extracurricular programme
Further details can be found on the school’s website.
To apply please submit the school’s Teaching Application Form and a letter of application addressed to the Head of School to explaining how your experience and skills to date meet the job profile and person specification and what makes you an ideal candidate.
For an informal discussion on Teams with the Head of School, Mr Clark, please email his PA Mrs McGonigal.
Closing date: Midday on Monday 27th February 2023. Interviews will be held week commencing 6th March 2023.
Applications will be considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. Applicants must undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and Enhanced DBS disclosure with Children’s Barred List check. Committed to equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Heathside Walton-on-Thames is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.